Sunday, December 8, 2013

with Dragon naturally speaking

So here is my bright idea. If it is true that the humming Bird algorithm from Google looks for natural phrases as search terms, then perhaps the best way to create content is to speak not type. I know this sounds like a silly idea. Especially silly if you are a typist.
So I'm thinking if this is an experiment why not experiment with voice dictation. I'm sure there's a lot of people who are going to read this and think this is a great way to flip content. You know the folks who take someone Else's page and convert it to another language and then back into English in an attempt to fool the algorithm bot.
So I suppose they're going to be people who will be reading other content and then speaking it differently to achieve the same purpose. That's not what I'm talking about here. What I am talking about is getting into the rhythm of allowing words and sentences to flow spontaneously as they would when you're doing a search on your phone.
Years ago I had a voice recognition program called Dragon Naturally Speaking by Nuance. I think it was version 3. It made a lot of mistakes. My microphone wasn't that good. And my computer made a lot of noise back then. I found that it was only good for a few things. What I've just recently discovered is that the newer versions of Dragon Naturally Speaking are really good.
Since my computer is running windows XP I thought it best to use Dragon Natually Speaking 10. At this time of writing there is a Dragon Natually Speaking 12 which is for Windows 7 and eight. If you're thinking about trying something like this I would recommend that you look closely at your system and the parameters of your computer. Version 12 seems to take a lot of memory and require a great deal of speed.
So right now I'm talking to you and the computer is typing. Setting up Dragon naturally speaking is very easy now. In the earlier version of Naturally Speaking, training your voice required about 30 to 45 minutes of reading aloud. With version 10 I only spoke for about 10 minutes, and the accuracy is near 100%.
An added bonus of the later versions of this program is the ability to surf the web by voice. I understand that version 12 even has commands for Facebook and twitter.
So I think you can see where I'm going with this. If you're looking for a way to create natural text in your blog and also simplify the process of making entries then perhaps this kind of voice recognition program is for you.
For more information go to Dragon Natually Speaking .

No comments:

Post a Comment