Friday, November 29, 2013

Avoid Build a niche store Like the plague.

  What a hassle. Like first the pages would not link. Then I could not view the content pages and they would not link. The forum is gone. Support is a cherry picked list of FAQ's. LOL. Now the Store is not up and not functioning. The domain is like two days old and I did not submit it to search engines. So I left the login generic admin bans. There where more pressing things like linking page one to page two.

  This morning I figured I would give it another shot. Opened the site, logged in and wham..someone else had been there in the night and rearranged things. The thief/ snoop probably got equally frustrated and left. Hah.

  I logged into my  Godaddy file manager and it wasn't there! I waited until it came back. I deleted all traces of Bans. 

 I admit to knowingly beating a dead horse (Bans). I went into this eyes wide open. So before I install word press and build a blog store I first must preform a Bans store autopsy.

  1.  I learned that A niche site takes time to reach its potential.

  2. Unsupported software is unsupported

  3. If I had started building the store by hand, manually making all of the links the store would be finished by now.

  4. All wyswyg  Editors suck. Give me Dreamweaver all the way.

  5. My old Commodore 64 can kick Bans but.

So from here I will load Word press and build a niche store the old fashioned way. By the sweat of my brow. No more scripted shortcuts. Stay tuned.


1 comment: